Saturday, 25 April 2015

Shuriken kill

After the unexpected entry of Eitvydas into our group we had to switch up the cinematic a little so that he was able to put his animations in so I was tasked with making a new kill for the animation which I decided would match the animatic and create a ninja throwing ninja stars to kill a soldier.

I used the half cut of the death from the back stab as I staged it where he would get killed from the front. At first I put the main frames in where the ninja would spin around and pick the ninja stars from his back belt and proceed to throw them at his enemy. Most of his movement comes from his waist so this was the first thing that I set into place which I then sorted the rest of his arms making sure that all the movement was coming from the waist.


When I set the torso movement into place the rest of his body came through quite quickly as I had to follow the turning of the waist through the arms while his feet were planted on the ground for stability. One thing I found hard about this animation was that I wasn't using the rig that I had chosen to use at first, I was using the rig that Mitch had been using throughout the project so I had to match it so that all the ninjas were through the same rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment