Saturday, 25 April 2015

Look over cover

Now that we have our animatic made we can purely see the types of cycles that we need to make for the final cinematic. One cycle that I wanted to concentrate on was having one of the soldiers look over cover into the woods due to hearing one of his comrades being attacked.

To do this I first set the first pose that I wanted my soldier to have as his base pose that he can come back to when he has looked over the cover which will match up the first and last frame. I chose to have him leaning his back up to a surface while standing in a crouched pose on his legs.


From this I wanted to get the look right so I chose he would look over his shoulder however still wanting him to not get caught so I looked into crouching over and how I can make the most from this cycle.



From doing some research I have decided that I want his eyes to slightly peer over the cover that he is behind so I will make sure that all his movements from the rest of his body are very subtle. I have also made sure that I have shown the distribution of weight throughout his legs and body so I subtlety made his torso go lower to the ground a split second before he goes up to look over the cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment