Friday, 30 January 2015

Run Cycle

After finishing the walk cycle I have gone onto creating a run cycle with my rig using the same skills that I used to create the walk cycle. To make the run cycle I lifted the feet up on the first and last key frames when the rig was a full stretch to show the feet in the air and then when the feet would cross over I put the foot travelling back on the ground to show the basic running stance.





Once I have done this I then went onto the arms and added in greater detail with those, like the walk all they need was extra swing when going through the motions and when they are dropping back down from being at the top of the swing.


Following on from this I wanted to sort the torso out, I have done this by putting a small turn onto torso when at the peak of the step which helps it look more professional.


The final things that I need to do now to completed the run is to touch up all the areas which I have basically blocked in such as the legs and arms, I think I might even put a facial expression which might give some personality to the character. I am pretty happy with the outcome of this initial run cycle however I think the arms may need a bit more work to make them look more life like.


No comments:

Post a Comment